The Central Texas Aging & Disability Resource Center Area Agency on Aging, through funding from the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services, can assist you in determining if you qualify for Extra Help and/or Medicare Savings Programs.
EXTRA HELP with Medicare Prescription Drug Plan Costs
If you have limited resources and income, you may qualify for Extra Help with costs related to Medicare prescription drug plans:
- Monthly Premium
- Annual Deductibles
- Prescription co-pays
- Closes coverage gap (donut hole)
Medicare Savings Programs
Programs that help individuals with limited income and resources pay some or all of their Medicare premiums and deductibles.
Medicare Preventive Care Services
The new health care reform law eliminated copays and deductibles for most preventive care services covered by Original Medicare.
Medicare beneficiaries are eligible to receive free preventive care services:
- Annual Wellness Screening
- Welcome to Medicare Physical Exam
- Vaccinations: Pneumonia; Flu and Hepatitis B
- Screenings: Cardiovascular, Osteoporosis, Diabetes, Breast, Prostate, Cervical, and Colon Cancer
- Medical Nutritional Therapy
- Smoking Cessation
Now it is your turn to get the most out of the benefits YOU have earned. Contact the Area Agency on Aging of Central Texas for information.