The Central Texas Housing Navigation program exists to support partnerships across the community, including government, for-profit, and nonprofit sectors in increasing consumer access to affordable and accessible housing.
CTADVRC Housing Navigators support developers, municipal and regional planners, public housing authorities and participate in local housing coalitions to garner practical solutions for housing that is:
- Integrated Housing — Most conventional and affordable housing developments should include units for persons with disabilities and older adults
- Accessible — Housing developments that eliminate barriers to physical access to ensure more effective and efficient occupancy
- Affordable — Providing units that cost no more than 30 percent of a household’s income is the key to affordability.
Learn about government programs that help low-income people find affordable rental housing. Each of the programs – subsidized housing, public housing, and housing choice vouchers – is different. Get the details on how they work, who is eligible, and how to apply.
Types of Rental Assistance Programs
- Public Housing – Properties managed though housing authorities
- Choice Voucher — provides rental subsidies to very low-income families, the elderly, and the disabled to afford decent, safe, and sanitary housing in the private market.
- Housing Tax Credit Rental Properties — offer income qualified tenants a unit at a reduced rental rate that is restricted by annually published rent guidelines.
Affordable Housing Inventory in the Region
Listing of Affordable Housing Inventory: this is an in-progress inventory of affordable housing in the 7-county (Bell, Coryell, Lampasas, Mills, Milam, Hamilton, and San Saba) CTCOG region.
- Go Section 8 is a commercial website for tenants and landlords that allows you to enter your preferred city, state, and zip code to locate section 8 rentals.
- Tax Credit Properties
Central Texas Housing Authorities
Housing Authorities support affordable housing in a community through public housing assets, rental assistance vouchers, and partnerships with nonprofit, for-profit and other governmental agencies.
Bartlett Housing Authority
200 Cryer Dr., Bartlett, TX 76511
Belt Temple Housing Authority (Central Texas Housing Consortium) Temple Housing Authority (Central Texas Housing Consortium)
700 W. Calhoun, P.O. Box 1326, Temple, TX 76501
Killeen Housing Authority
101 East Ave. B., Killeen, TX 76541
Rogers Housing Authority
704 Rogers Cemetery Rd, Rogers, TX 76569
Copperas Cove Housing Authority
701 Casa Circle, Copperas Cove, TX 76528
Gatesville Housing Authority
701 Casa Circle, Copperas Cove ,TX 76528
Oglesby Housing Authority
213 N. 14th St., Gatesville, TX 76528
Hamilton Housing Authority
920 S. Dempter St., Hamilton, TX 76531
Hico Housing Authority
100 N Railroad St, Hico, TX 76457
Lometa Housing Authority
334 Cedar St, Lometa, TX 76853
Cameron Housing Authority
704 W 6th St, Cameron, TX 76520
Rockdale Housing Authority
100 Cordova Dr, Rockdale, TX 76567
Thorndale Housing Authority
306 E Umlang St, Thorndale, TX 76577
Goldthwaite Housing Authority
902 E Front St, Goldthwaite, TX 76844
San Saba County
San Saba Housing Authority
1601 W Dry St, San Saba, TX 76877